'Building KDE From Source Step By Step' rocks

Marc Bächinger mbae at bcwin.ch
Sat Mar 6 18:22:58 CET 2004

Hi all,

first of all: sorry about my english :-(

i just finished to compile my own KDE for the first time. Thanks to the
tutorial 'Building KDE From Source Step By Step' from the quality team, it
was a snap. After success my heart was bumbing up and down just as the
starting-app icons in kde 3.2 ;-)

I just write to point you on a small typo (at least I think its a typo). In
Step five 'Building KDE'  in the third command paragraph i've found the
following:

<--- snipp ---

# Now, compiling and redirecting the output to a log file
cd /home/kdedev/src/kde/build/arts
configure --enable-debug > /home/kdedev/src/kde/log/arts.log  2>&1
<--- snapp ---

I think it should be

cd /home/kdedev/kde/arts

The quality team is great! Thanks for that and keep working. I think it will
help a lot of people like me to dive deeper into KDE development and give
something back.

i'll be back...

marc