flite kicker applet

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Mar 5 17:19:00 CET 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 03:37, Nick Jamieson wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> I've written a kicker applet to read text using flite called kreader
> (available at http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/~ncj/software/). It's mostly
> complete (ie. it works for me). How do I contribute this to KDE?
>
> Best regards.
>
> Nick

Hi Nick,

what does the applet do, maybe you can put a screenshot somewhere ?
(I don't know what flite is)

There are two ways to contribute:
1. publish it independent from KDE, it still helps kde :-)

2. develop it in kde cvs (I guess this is what you want to do)
You should subscribe the relevant mailing list(s), i.e. kde-devel,
kde-core-devel, maybe others too.
Then you need cvs access. Ask for it on kde-devel or kde-core-devel or write a
mail directly to sysadmin at kde.org. But I guess if the one never heard from
you before, e.g. on the mailing lists, you won't get it instantly.
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/developer-faq.html#q1.8
So, at first subscribe to the mailing lists, post your patches/links to
sources there, and then ask for cvs access :-)

Bye
Alex