KOrganizer documentation

Ramon van Alteren ramon at vanalteren.nl
Wed Mar 3 01:36:56 CET 2004

Hi Carlos, and other kde-quality readers,

I've been travelling a lot by train lately and actually managed to get a
reasonable amount of kde work done :)

Here's what I did:

Compiled kde-unstable on my laptop as a testing environment.
Reviewed the KOrganizer current stable docs while compiling.

I started a compare against the functionality of KOrganizer of KDE-3.2 stable
and it's current docs. Swicthed to describing the current GUI-layout in
kde-unstable because I found too many differences and couldn't see the sense
in keeping both a stable-3.2 and unstable record since the entire kdepim
module is on a slightly different release schedule anyway.

Compiled all findings in the attached text document.

It mostly deals with changes in the lay-out of the configuration of
KOrganizer.

I'd welcome any comments.
Is this usable for a doc-editor ?
Any tips fort future comparisons ?

I've found the docs on documentation producing for KDE and I'm busy reading.
A lot has changed since the last documentation update on KOrganizer and  I
figured it would be easier writing a draft for the new situation rather than
describing what has changed.

However I do have a normal day-job which takes a lot of my time so I would be
very curious whether these desciptions are usable. A change set is fairly
easy to produce in the travel-time on the train from and to work
(Well actually that would be on the train-trip from work as I'm usually too
sleepy to do any meaningfull work on the train-trip to work :)

I'm setting up a kolab environment BTW. Actually I'm looking at the compile
output right now :) Once it's setup I'd be happy to provide anyone on the
list with testing accounts for a demonstration domain. Is there a way to get
a domain delegation from kde.org or should I just register one / use my
default testing domain?

P.S> The power company in Amsterdam is doing a major upgrade of all powerlines
into my house tomorrow. I don't expect to be online before thursday evening
at least, the weekend at the very worst. If you want to mail me personally
please do so at the ramon at vanalteren.nl address since I got backup MX records
set up for that domain.

PS2> Is there anyone out there who would be willing to answer a lot of
(probably) stupid questions on IRC about setting up a development environment
and getting me started on the KOrganizer code sometime next week? I'm a
fairly competent C++ programmer but I have absolutely no knowledge of the
kde-libraries and how they should be used. I've looked at some QT-projects
before but never got around coding something with the QT-framework.
A little help would probably get me going.

Cheers Ramon
- --
ramon at vanalteren.nl
PGPkey id       0xF6B58AE57C02B1AE