REGRESSION in KDE-3.2.3

Raphael Langerhorst raphael-langerhorst at gmx.at
Tue Jun 15 21:32:51 CEST 2004

On Monday 14 June 2004 17:12, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Please see bug 83288.
>
> This is another release with at least one serious regression -- a
> regression that most users will find.  The additional problem in comment #1
> is probably more likely to be found by most users.
>
> The last few releases have all had somewhat serious regressions.
>
> [...]
>
> I see only one possible solution for this.  We must have some organized
> pre-release testing for regressions.  To start with, all that is needed is
> for a release candidate to be out for sufficient time for these problems to
> be found before the final release.

what about:
http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se/?page=products&sub=kdexecutor

I know it's a commercial product, but might it be possible that they provide a
special license for the development of KDE itself? (I don't know if there
already is).

> [...]

besides: I agree that there really could be a better QA system, that's
probably what this list was created for? Are there any other suggestions for
an organized way of dealing with regressions and release candidate testing?

Regards,
Raphael