New User Guide

Fabrice Mous fabricemous at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 2 10:01:47 CEST 2004

On Sunday 30 May 2004 19:08, C.M.Lotion wrote:
[....]
|  A lot of people review/describe KDE and parts of KDE. Perhaps some of them
|  would not mind if parts of their writings are edited/translated/used for
| the user manual or would even like to write part of it, e.g.
|  http://www.kde.nl/doc/kde-draadloos/ (Dutch - wireless), dcop, kdialog and
|  servicemenus for (II,10 or 11).
|
|  Currently, I am preparing for upcoming exams, so I will not have much/any
| time to participate until approximately July. However, I would also like to
| help as soon as possible.

Claire ,

I noticed your posting on kde-quality where you mention that a lot of websites
already offer quite some howtos. You also mention the Dutch KDE website :)
and question if howtos could be used in the New User Guide.

I want to invite you to help us translating and reviewing some Dutch KDE
howtos. We are defintely interested in/planning translating it to English but
we just lack some people here.

Currently we have 37 howtos and we are working on some more. Most of those
howtos are just collected howtos for the internet, translated and rebranded
(with permission of the authors). Yes it that easy :)

Anyway ... I think there can be some working together.

Feel free to contact me Claire when you are finished with exams. We have a
nice Dutch KDE community.

Ciao

Fabrice

--