Announcement of a new developer

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Thu Jul 22 20:38:04 CEST 2004

Hello Thijs,

Welcome, and thanks for your offer of help!

The best place to start is to pick a KDE application you use and you'd like to
improve. Start off by helping the developers of that application fix bugs by
finding open bug reports, trying to fix them, and e-mailing some patches to
the developers.

If you seem to be doing good work, you'll quickly get CVS access and you'll be
developing in the KDE Project :-)

To do this, you'll first need an up-to-date installation of KDE. You can
probably get away with using KDE 3.3 beta 2 for now (just released), but in
the future you will need to use CVS. We have a guide for this here:
http://quality.kde.org/develop/cvsguide/

We have an introduction on programming for the KDE Project here:
http://quality.kde.org/develop/howto/howtohack.php

If you still have more questions after reading that, feel free to ask!

Regards,
Tom