I have arrived...

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Fri Jul 16 15:52:36 CEST 2004

Hello there,

On Friday 16 Jul 2004 12:34, illogic-al wrote:
> after a fashion. Sooooo just what do you guys do here?
> Oh! Where're my manners. I'm illogic-al (in more ways than one) and i like
> to write, despite being in a similar situation as the person in my
> signature below :-)
> I'll probably lurk a while before doing anything so just pretend I'm not
> even here for now.

No, I refuse :) First you ought to have a look around the Quality Team web
site:

http://quality.kde.org/

You'll see that we help people contribute to KDE, either by writing
documentation, helping in user interface (UI) design, reporting and managing
bugs, writing code, communicating between developers and users, or promoting
KDE.

Since you say you like to write, and I see from a quick search that you've
done a nice preview of KDE 3.2, I'd guess that writing documentation and
journalism would be a natural place for you to start. So I'd suggest reading
the HOWTOs for those areas in particular.

What you do then is up to you. Most people who actually go on to participate
in KDE tend to pick a particular application and focus their work on that, so
you might want to write documentation or articles on your favourite app. If
you're interested in journalism, there's also a fair bit of promo work that
needs to be done for the aKademy. Basically, just think about what you'd like
to do, and then feel free to ask here for help :)

Regards,
Tom