strange (but easy to fix) make install error in arts

Joost De Cock joost.decock at astrid.be
Thu Jul 15 10:33:06 CEST 2004

On Thursday 15 July 2004 02:33, Henrique Pinto hurled the following on the
wire:
> Hi!
>
> Em Qua 14 Jul 2004 12:46, Joost De Cock escreveu:
> > DISCLAIMER
> > This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
> > privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
> > copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this
> > communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> > transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and
> > then delete this e-mail.
>
> Can you please review this disclaimer? I don't think it is well suited for
> a public mailing list like this. For example, this means that your message
> can't be archived (and I think there's a kde-quality archive at
> lists.kde.org).

Thanks a lot for ruining my good mood today. I hate that disclaimer, and I've
been on a crusade against it for quite some time now. Unfortunately, I
haven't been very successfull, but I sure know I've tried hard, and I'll
continue to try hard.

However, I realize  that it is inappropriate so I'm willing to unsubscribe
from the mailing list if that's what's in the best interest of it. Just let
and I'll start packing.

joost