strange (but easy to fix) make install error in arts

Joost De Cock joost.decock at astrid.be
Wed Jul 14 16:30:53 CEST 2004

Hello list,

not sure if this is the right list to post this, but here we go.

I'm setting up KDE from cvs and I'm using (the excellent) quality team guide.
I've done this before (a couple of months ago) but I have a new machine now :)

After compiling QT, during make install of arts, it gives me:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/kdedev/src/kde/build/arts/mcop'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/kdedev/src/kde/build/arts/mcop'
/bin/sh /home/kdedev/src/kde/arts/admin/mkinstalldirs /home/cw/kde-unstable/lib
mkdir -p -- /home/cw/kde-unstable/lib
mkdir: cannot create directory `/home/cw': Permission denied
make[2]: *** [install-libLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kdedev/src/kde/build/arts/mcop'
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kdedev/src/kde/build/arts/mcop'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Why on earth it tries to create /home/cw is beyond me. I've checked the
Makefile in arts/mcop and it had a line with /home/cw in it.
I changed that line to /home/kdedev and arts compiled without any problems.

Could this by an error in the Makefile?

Also, out of curiosity, what does:
kbuildsycoca --noincremental
do? It wasn't there before.

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.