KDE Quality action: looking to the future

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Wed Jul 14 05:26:24 CEST 2004

Hi,

A lot was done by the quality team this release cycle, and I thank all who
participated.

From my point of view, the pim task pages was a success. there were
improvements done by quality volunteers to kpilot docs, whatsthis, testing
and usability. The Kontact docs were updated, got a new splash and new icons.
KOrganizer docs also got help from quality team members.

Cervisia docs got some attention the last few days as well.

It is hard to see the product of the quality teams, as it is not directed to
this list, but to the application lists and kde-cvs. So if you want to add
more stuff to this list, please do so, as I plan to write a follow up to
attract more people.

On the documentation for contributors front, we got all quality guides this
release cycle. Thanks to Tom, for the media guide, and to Marc for the
programming guide. Let's improve them and the tools available to
contributors.

I will update the docs guide, work to make Quanta a better tool for editing
docbook, with a proper toolbar.  If someone is working on that, please let me
know. I will ad a KConfig section as well.

To increase the exposure, we need more links from the kde.org pages. After the
strings freeze, I will do that.

Now we must prepare for the bug busting season. Is the bugs guide OK? We could
do announcement calling people to report and to bug triage. We could discuss
this it in a new thread, as maybe it is better to set focus of the new
contributor on some applications, as we can guide them better.

I have some testing work to do as well, with the applications I am currently
helping (cervisia and kpilot), and I imagine you all have the same task.

And looking into the future, we could update the tasks pages for the new
contributors and new release cycle. This was a very good experience with
kde-pim, I imagine we could do something as good for the other modules.

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz