3_3_0_BETA_! Build problems [RESOLVED]

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Wed Jul 14 03:15:01 CEST 2004

Anne-Marie,

On Tuesday 13 Jul 2004 23:54, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> ok, I don't see the point to be subscribe to this list anymore.
> I had the hope the Quality Team could be positive and helpful.
> I'm sorry to see such a post and goodbye,

I'm sorry to see you say this. I too hoped that this project could be
"positive and helpful", as you say, and to some extent I think it has been.
But it hasn't, unfortunately, gained a lot of support from lots of
developers, and we haven't made much noise ourselves (personally I've been
too busy with various political activism projects). So after the announcement
we lost all momentum.

If you do leave the list, then please attend my talk at the aKademy, where I
hope to breathe some life back into the Quality Teams project. If we can get
a reasonable number of developers onboard, I think we can make this list
something more than yet-another-support-forum. In particular, we need to
persuade more developers in charge of modules to:

- Create clear tasklists, perhaps using the JJ tag in bugzilla
- Assign people to this list from their teams and make everyone in the team
aware of those people's roles
- Generally make more calls on web / in email / in real-world meetings for
people to join their teams

From our point of view, we can then:

- promote the quality teams more in the media
- help developers create and maintain their quality teams
- actively seek new ways of getting users involved

In my opinion, it's worth trying to make the Quality Teams project work.

Regards,
Tom