3_3_0_BETA_! Build problems [RESOLVED]

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Jul 14 00:45:13 CEST 2004

I finally resolved my build problems after making at least one serious mistake
myself :-( while trying to do it (I somehow checked out the wrong copy of the
kdebase module when I was rebuilding if form scratch).  But, I also wasted a lot
of time trying to build code that wouldn't build.

There ARE errors in: "kdebase/kwin"; now documented:

http://www.kde.org/info/3.3beta1.php

I see this as a MAJOR quality failure.  No testing at all before it was released.

But, I wonder why none of the developers noticed this.  Logically, the only
conclusion is that nobody ever updated their CVS with the tag: KDE_3_3_0_BETA_1
and then did a build.

I tried to do this, but I had some CVS problem (I am not sure of what exactly,
only that it is now fixed) so I was not able to do this.  However, to conclude
that none of the developers did this indicates that we have a corporate culture
that must be changed.

--
JRT