[kde-quality] KDE PIM docs

Ramon van Alteren ramon at vanalteren.nl
Thu Feb 26 00:44:27 CET 2004

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 19:16, Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> KOrganizer: needs work, last update 14 months ago.

I'll try and gather some time this & next week to review the current
documentation on KOrganizer, and maybe write a draft / file bugs on changes.
Anyone specific I should contact with questions or should I send mail to the
kde-pim mailinglist ?

I can offer limited testing against a exchange 2000 server if needed. It's a
production server so I can't go around sending everyone and the kitchensink
appointments, my boss for one will be very annoyed. I'll see if I can gather
some co-workers who are willing to accept useless appoinments and invitations
from me :)

This will take some time BTW because I need to setup the unstable environment
on my laptop while actually doing my regular work on it.

> Kandy: very old docs! I think Kandy holds the record of oldest non-fix
> commit.

I'm a bit familiar with kandy and also willing to put in some time to update
docs/test as long as there is some future left for the application.

> Do you recommend setting up a Kolab (or other supported groupware) server
> only for that, or is this a overkill?

If you are setting up a kolab server, I'd love an account Carlos. I've been
thinking about setting one up myself but haven't had the time yet. I'm fairly
familiar with nearly all components, openldap being the exception. If you
want/need help feel free to mail me.

Grtz,

Ramon van Alteren

ramon at vanalteren.nl