[kde-quality] Re: KDE Games and MUD

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Sun Dec 26 21:45:13 CET 2004

On Sunday 26 Dec 2004 20:39, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I use Mandrake and do not have ksirc installed but have some other things
> from kdenetwork installed, maybe you should ask your distribution to
> fragment kde packages better?

This isn't something KDE can expect all distributors to do, both because from
their point of view it is *a lot* of extra work, and from ours not everybody
will do it! Gentoo, for example, simply uses the source files and installs
*everything* in each module, unless you make use of a special environment
variable.

KDE should always take care when including software in the main modules for
these reasons. Distributors can always offer packages for third-party and
extragear apps (like k3b and digikam, for example, which are both excellent
apps in their own right).

In my opinion many packages are still too bloated, but what do I know ? :o)

Regards,
Tom