[kde-quality] Re: KDE Games and MUD

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Dec 26 21:28:06 CET 2004

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 09:20:10PM +0100, Stefan Strasser wrote:
> I'm just a user but I'd like to suggest to keep it simple. I'd rather
> _remove_ stuff from the kde dummy packages than add. a new user needs a
> simple environment, not 200 games and 5 media players.

Agreed.  My wife hates having tons of extra apps on her system
eating up both hard disk space and real estate in the 'K' menu.

I tried removing "KSirc", since she doesn't use GUI IRC clients
(I'm trying to get her to try out Konversation, though ;^) ),
but when I did, 'apt-get' responded with:

  The following packages will be REMOVED:
    kde kdenetwork ksirc

Uhhh...  /that's/ not what I want!!!  Looking at the package description
(this is Debian Testing, BTW), I see this line:

  This package is part of the official KDE network module.

Bah!  Neither of us use it or want it (no offense to the KSirc developers),
but it seems it's not easy to remove! :^(

-bill!