[kde-quality] Animated stuffs

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Thu Aug 12 04:21:39 CEST 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:50:57 +0000, "Eugene Nine" <enine at ninefamily.com>
said:
> > On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 01:19:12AM +0000, Sylvain 'Skarsnik' Colinet wrote:
> > > I already make a patch to have animated logo in kdm, and i want add more
> > > animated stuff in my kde desktop, Do you think I am wrong? I am on a
> > > dangerous way?

Not at all, thanks for the iniciative. There is only one way to know:
asking. Please submit your implementation here if you want some testing,
or if you think is ready for being considered for inclusion, send it to
kde-devel or mabe better, kde-core-devel.

> Would it make more sense to submit all the animated stuff to a site like
> kde-look.org instead of the base distribution?

In my humble opinion, its the other way around: we should integrate more
stuff from kde-look. There are nice patches, features and improvements
that are never submitted to the lists. If anything, we should integrate
the good stuff from kde-look, leaving only the incomplete, redundant or
controversial stuff there.

For instance, AFAIK, there are improved kicker panel code there that was
never integrated. After the freeze, I think we should run a dot story to
invite the guys from kde-apps and kde-look to submit their code.

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz
--
  Carlos Leonhard Woelz