about Fundamental issues

Marc Heyvaert marc_heyvaert at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 06:48:28 CEST 2004

Hello James,

--- James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote:

> OK, is there some way to have the current docs
> available (the current docs
> are supposed to be available on the web already) so
> that it couldn't be
> changed but so that it was possible to mark it up
> (post comments) and let
> the doc people deal with actual changes?

Yes,

On http://docs.kde.org/

(and for KOffice via
http://docs.kde.org/index_head.html )

You can view all documentation. I think that
http://docs.kde.org/index_head.html is really the HEAD
version for everything. So if you have a correction or
suggestion you could work from there.

Another possibility is via WebCVS

http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/

Choose a module and go into the 'doc' directory.

Then you will see the .docbook en .png files that make
up the documentation. Play around with the links that
webCVS provides. You can easily see what was changed
in a revision (annotate or colored), and who did what.

Once you really get incolved in a certain project, it
shouldn't be to hard to download a file; make the
changes with quanta or kate, produce a patch via diff
and send it to kde-doc-english. But if you send
important changes in any other way, I'm sure that
people there will use your input.

Marc