about Fundamental issues

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Tue Apr 20 22:36:57 CEST 2004

Stanislav Karchebny wrote:

> Given the easy extensibility of wiki, it could be
> possible to produce an extended wiki markup that will allow us to:
> - keep wiki power for collaboration
> - export wiki document to docbook format directly

You may want to search the archives of the Linux Documentation
Project mailing lists. IIRC, there was a debate about this
(when I was still lurking there some time ago), and someone
even started to work on that Wiki-->DocBook export stuff...

But given excellent content, even if only ASCII text, the easier
part is to find a volunteer who devotes his work to do the
DocBook/XML markup. The big task is to create good content....

Cheers,
Kurt