about Fundamental issues

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Tue Apr 20 13:30:51 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 20 Apr 2004 09:02, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> 1.	The lack of proper documentation.  The old documentation problem is
> 	common in the KDE project.

Since you're not one to hold back zany new ideas, James, I'll run an idea past
you that Sander Devrize e-mailed me about. Why not set-up a documentation
wiki, run on the software that wikipedia uses, and put all the documentation
into that?

I wouldn't have time to *join* any documentation team, and learn all the
tools, but I would probably, in my spare moments, be able to go along and add
a few words here and there if they're out of date. I might also be able to go
and contribute to the en_GB i18n.

The only question that would arise is: would the documentation teams be able
to effectively police it, and spot incorrect or malicious changes?

What are people's thoughts?

Regards,

Tom