GCompris Video 3

frances.tait frances.tait at kdab.com
Mon Mar 25 09:35:47 GMT 2024

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your understanding. I will nonetheless run it by my folks again to see if ‘both’ is OK.

Just to be clear, as I understand it, we didn’t fear folk would switch from YouTube to PeerTube, rather I think the hope was the other way around: that KDE folk would watch it on Youtube instead of PeerTube, so we’d get the extra views, as it’s unlikely PeerTube users would also watch it on Youtube.

What’s your thoughts on that? Do you think we exclude folk from seeing it by sticking to YouTube?

All the best,

Frances

> On 22 Mar 2024, at 19:58, Paul Brown <paul.brown at kde.org> wrote:
>
> Our original idea was to be able to give you coverage on YT _AND_ PeerTube,
> adding coverage, not subtracting from it. Since it is highly unlikely that
> YouTube viewers will go out of the way to go to PeerTube to watch your videos
> we were not expecting this to affect negatively your viewing numbers -- and
> indeed it wouldn't have.

----

Frances Tait | frances.tait at kdab.com | Marketing and Partner relations
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)
KDAB - Trusted Software Excellence