60 KDE Repositories on KDAB's Codebrowser

frances.tait frances.tait at kdab.com
Mon May 15 11:40:42 BST 2023

Hi Carl,

From our POV, anyone who understands what they are talking about and can be articulate about it, is fine.
It doesn’t have to be the ones who did the work.

We could even follow up the first one with an interview or blog with/from Nicolas or someone else, to talk about the port to Qt 6 (which IIUC isn’t completed yet).

All the best,

Frances

> On 15 May 2023, at 12:31, Carl Schwan <carl at carlschwan.eu> wrote:
>
> On Mon, May 15, 2023, at 12:06 PM, Paul Brown wrote:
>> On Monday, 15 May 2023 10:44:12 CEST frances.tait wrote:
>> > Hi Paul,
>>
>> Hello Frances,
>>
>> > We now have 60 KDE repositories added to codebrowser.dev
>> > <https://codebrowser.dev/>, and almost all of the KDE Framework
>> > Libraries(which are the most attractive part of KDE from an external dev
>> > perspective).
>>
>> Wow! Very interesting and useful.
>>
>> > We wondered if you’d like to take the opportunity to make some noise about
>> > that via your/our channels?
>>
>> Of course!
>>
>> > Perhaps we can interview you for our KDAB News?
>>
>> Maybe someone with a more solid technical background? My first thought is Nate
>> Graham, who has a has a lot of programming know-how and is also very
>> articulate. He would be able to convey the importance of this service to
>> developers better than I could ever. He is also well-respected in development
>> circles.
>>
>> I think that is the aim, right? To get developers using the service? A
>> recognisable name like Nate's would work in favour of this.
>>
>> What do you think?
>

> Nate is not really involved with the frameworks, if I would suggest some names it would
> be Alex, Volker, Nico and a few others who have been doing a lot of the work in framework
> for the kf6 transition.
>
> Cheers,
> Carl

----

Frances Tait | frances.tait at kdab.com | Marketing and Partner relations
Mobile: +33 (0)6 80 60 78 84
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)
KDAB - The Qt, OpenGL and C++ Experts

www.kdab.com <https://www.kdab.com/>
Twitter:  @KDABQt
Mastodon: https://techhub.social/@kdab