Education for Kids - Agenda

Frances Tait frances.tait at kdab.com
Thu Oct 14 15:50:59 BST 2021

Hi All,

Apologies for the long delay from me, caused by a sudden attack of acute glaucoma in one eye from which I am recovering fast. Happily I can still see  :-)

As Robert is on vacation just now and both of us will be tied up most of the rest of this month, I suggest we pick it up again in November to look at scheduling.  I’ll finetune the outline below, meanwhile.

The plan still is to film material for 2 or 3 videos, some early next year by which time we may be able to shoot actual film for some bits to make it more interesting:

Video 1: Focus on GCompris from edu perspective, its inception, reception and global uptake. What were the challenges encountered? Who was involved? Briefly, what made Bruno switch to Qt? Hoping we can get some real interview/conversational footage with at least Bruno here, via a film-maker colleague in France, if he’s available.

Video 2: Focus on the Software aspect, reference to KDE and opensource, a look at the update and maintenance issues.  We can have a KDAB Qt expert ask some key questions of the engineers here, perhaps. Looping back to the educational aspect and the overall story of GCompris and its success.

Video 3: Q&A (maybe a few months after the first two), with video participants answering questions posed in the comments section*
*If none, No Video

Can someone meanwhile kindly put me in touch with Bruno so I can find out if he’d be willing to participate?

All the best,

Frances

----

Frances Tait | frances.tait at kdab.com | Marketing and Partner relations