TUXEDO Computers as a Patron, dot.kde.org story

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sat Sep 11 01:44:05 BST 2021

Hi Promo,
Here's the text + picture of the article to announce their patronship,
that was effective a few weeks ago but we decided to delay a few weeks
to make sure it didn't hit while people were sunbathing or on
barbecues.

CC'd Annika from their Marketing team who has been our point of
contact as patrons.

Cheers!
Aleix

----

TUXEDO Computers, the newest KDE Patron

TUXEDO Computers, a company known for selling Linux-powered computers
and notebooks, now joins as a KDE Patron!

"Our customized Linux notebooks (for work or play) are equipped with
KDE Plasma, which leads to a positive response from our customers.
Furthermore, we additionally do our own development work, which could
benefit KDE as upstream as well. We are happy to share our knowledge
and would like to secure as well as expand KDE's development work in
the long run. Feedback that we receive from customers can also flow
directly into KDE's development work." Herbert Feiler, CEO TUXEDO
Computers

"For KDE, reaching and serving end-users is part of our reason to
exist and TUXEDO can be a great ally in this endeavour. Together, we
will get to expand our frontiers and create systems and tools to
further serve our users. It's especially encouraging to see TUXEDO's
commitment to join our development communities and collaborate towards
making KDE products a better for everyone."

TUXEDO Computers joins KDE e.V.’s other Patrons: The Qt Company, SUSE,
Google, Blue Systems, Canonical, Enioka, Slimbook and Pine64 to
continue to support Free Open Source Software and KDE development
through the KDE e.V.