call kprinter with pseudo printer directly

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Sun Jun 7 21:41:46 CEST 2009

On Sunday 07 June 2009 09:29:06 Ekkard Gerlach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to call kprinter directly with the pseudo printer
> "Print to file (PDF)" within a script. How can I do that?
>
> I knwo the command
>      kprinter -d <printername>
> but how does it work for pseudo printers?

I believe giving the full name of the printer should work, but it is a long
time since I ran KDE3 last time and anyways I never used pseudoprinters from
the command line. So, something like

kprinter -d Print\ to\ file\ \(PDF\)

or even

kprinter -d "Print to file (PDF)"

should work.

Anyways, usually, the things that I suppose you want to do can be accomplished
by using ghostscript directly. Look at

$KDEDIR/share/apps/kdeprint/specials.desktop

for examples of ghostscript use.

(of course, internet is your source for further information).

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org