system-config-printer-applet-kde in KDE 4.1

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Mon Mar 24 03:57:42 CET 2008

On 23 March 2008, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> This is now in kdereview, do try it out.
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdereview/printer-applet/
>
> Jonathan

My operating system doesn't have a package for cups python module (at least,
not at first superficial search).

This is IMHO why infrastructures other than pure qt+kdelibs+c++ will have much
trouble penetrating. And KDE avoided packaging hell seen in other platforms
(and which required creation of full blown distros to solve) by keeping these
away from core system.

I still have to say that I was happy seeing somebody having the courage to try
bring Python to the main in KDE. Any such RAD language is a dire need for KDE
right now.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org