nodialog printing from konqueror

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Thu Apr 10 20:48:48 CEST 2008

On 9 April 2008, Liu, Xi wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> Is there a way do turn off the print dialog when click the "print" from
> konqueror?
>
> I know you can do that by issuing "kprinter --nodialog ...." from a command
> line. But there seems to be no such a command line option for "konqueor" to
> disable the print option dialog.
>
> I have the source code kdebase 3.5.8. I don't mind a bit hacking and
> appreciate if someone can quickly point me to the right section of the
> code.,

kprinter --nodialog is a functionality programmed in the kprinter executable
and is not a feature of the KPrinter library class.

Also, konqueror uses the KStdAction::print that is used by almost all
KApplications. Making konqueror behave differently will probably mean
unplugging its StdAction and replacing it with your own device.

Of course, it possible to actually produce such a device, using what is
available in kprinter, but it is probably more than a few lines change:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/base/kdeprint/kprinter/printwrapper.cpp?view=markup

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org