Imposition pdf export

Michael Killian lindenlion at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 00:22:19 CEST 2007

G'day all,

To introduce myself, I am Michael, and am a linux user since a year. Now I
have one problem: there is an urge for me to use expensive programs like
Quark, but actually only for one feature: imposition. To print and combine
pages of a print job, so that when printed, (eventually cut) and folded, all
the pages fall into place into a little booklet. I have heard there is the
ability to export to pdf in kdeprint, and was wondering if
'booklet-imposition' is included in that as well, and if not, if it is
possible to include it in the future? I have no idea how difficult it is to
combine and change the order of pages in a pdf document, but I imagine it
can't be that hard, as you don't have to change any content.

For example: If I have a booklet of 16 (A5) pages, to print them in this
order on A4 paper:

[ 1+16]
[ 3+14]
[ 5+12]
[ 7+10]

and then the backside (for duplex printing in a one-side printer):

[ 2+15]
[ 4+13]
[ 6+11]
[ 8+  9]

And maybe options for signatures (combined booklets) for book printing... it
would sooooo cooooool!!!

Anyway, hope to hear from you.
Cheers, Michael

--
"Let the breath be alive!" said LindenLion, to the heaven' lights...

'And the fires of truth will burn into the hearts of all the people of the
land.
And they will find the trails of gentleness and peace.' Song of Waitaha.