Me too: "Kprinter has stopped working - Unable to startchildprintprocess"

Andrew Myers andrew.myers at fdservices.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 13:49:48 CET 2007

Still trying.

If I try to print through 'kcmshell printers' as user=andrew I get the
same error message. viz.: Unable to start child print process. Check the
command syntax: cupsdoprint -P 'Oki' -J 'KDE Print Test' -H
'localhost:631' -U 'andrew' -o
'multiple-document-handling=separate-documents-incollated-copies
orientation-requested=3'

(there is no file specified in the above error message)

If I try that command from the command line then it prints fine:

$ cupsdoprint -P 'Oki' -J 'KDE Print Test' -H 'localhost:631' -U
'andrew' -o
'multiple-document-handling=separate-documents-incollated-copies
orientation-requested=3' envelope.ps

Any clues here?

Andrew