Cannot print PostScript files

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Mon Jul 9 21:55:22 CEST 2007

Thanks for that Gavin.

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Gavin Beatty wrote:

> To: Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>
> From: Gavin Beatty <gavinbeatty at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Cannot print PostScript files
>
> Hello,
>
> Why not keep this on the list? Anyway... ;)
>

> I have a simple test that will reveal the source of the problem.
>
> -  Open KControl and go to Peripherals->Printers
> -  Right click the printer
> -  Select "Test printer" (see attachment)
>
> If the test page prints, we know that KDEPrint is NOT the problem and
> that my initial mail was right (it's Java or Fedora).
> If the test page doesn't print, we know the problem lies possibly with
> one or more of these choices (in decreasing order of likelihood of
> source of the problem): CUPS, KDEPrint's configuration of CUPS

I've done that, and it works perfectly. I've also been
Googling like you suggested, and it *might* be Java or cups,
or possible on of the other packages cups relies on.

Here's a couple of links I have found:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=558865

I've also turned up debugging in /etc/cups.conf to 'debug'

I need to keep digging into the cups error_log to find more
info.

I might try what the OP in the first message on
linuxquestions.org tried.

I shall give it another go tommorow.

Kind Regards

Keith