Kprinter has stopped working - Unable to start child print process

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Jan 26 03:37:22 CET 2007

On Thursday 25 January 2007 23:52, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> On 25 January 2007 06:32, Andrew Myers wrote:
> > Printing without kprinter works fine.
>
> In a terminal, do:
>
> mv ~/.lpoptions ~/mylpoptions
>
> Then try kprinter again. If it works, send me the ~/mylpoptions file.
>
> If doesn't, let me know.

In my case for sure it didn't help; I had tried this as the first thing
(I even temporarily moved away /etc/cups/lpoptions too).

What I did not yet do was to move away all of .kde and start a new
session, or create a new user and login as him. And I can't right now,
but will tomorrow, if no other solution pops up in the meanwhile.