Me too: "Kprinter has stopped working - Unable to startchildprintprocess "

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Mon Feb 12 12:55:43 CET 2007

On 12 February 2007 06:05, Andrew Myers wrote:
> OH NO   It has happened again with the same error message  "Unable to
> start child print process..."

I doubt this is a KDEPrint problem and I doubt this is a KDE problem either.
It should have to do with some patch that a distro or some are applying to
their code. But of course, this is wild guessing (driven by the fact that
only two reports of the sort were given up to now).

Next time this happens, please preserve your .xsession-errors file _before_
restarting your session:

cp ~/.xsession-errors ~/dcop-fail-xsession-errors

and send me the dcop-fail-xsession-errors file (_not_ to the list, please).

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org