Me too: "Kprinter has stopped working - Unable to startchildprintprocess "

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Sun Apr 1 04:31:03 CEST 2007

On 23 March 2007 08:49, Andrew Myers wrote:
> Still trying.
>
> If I try to print through 'kcmshell printers' as user=andrew I get the
> same error message. viz.: Unable to start child print process. Check the
> command syntax: cupsdoprint -P 'Oki' -J 'KDE Print Test' -H
> 'localhost:631' -U 'andrew' -o
> 'multiple-document-handling=separate-documents-incollated-copies
> orientation-requested=3'
>
> (there is no file specified in the above error message)
>
> If I try that command from the command line then it prints fine:
>
> $ cupsdoprint -P 'Oki' -J 'KDE Print Test' -H 'localhost:631' -U
> 'andrew' -o
> 'multiple-document-handling=separate-documents-incollated-copies
> orientation-requested=3' envelope.ps
>
> Any clues here?

Unfortunately not. I'm wondering if it's normal that you get no filename when
using the dialog. How do you use it? Try 'kdeprint envelope.ps' from a
command-line. Do you get the same error? Do you get the filename in the
error?

It's frustrating to not be able to reproduce the error, for a real debug.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org