Authentication to CUPS from kprinter

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Tue Sep 12 02:10:15 CEST 2006

On 11 September 2006 07:48, Helge Hansemann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I still have a problem when trying to authenticat a user using kpriner
> to a CUPS server, e.g. for canceling jobs.
>
> Using the konqueror, I get an authentication dialog which works fine
> Using a shell command "cancel -h server job-id" works fine, too.

What do you mean with "using konqueror"? What are you doing exactly?

> Using kprinter or kJobViewer I just get an access denied message window.
> Is it in general possibel to get an authentication dialog from kprinter
> and if so, how could I debug whats wrong with my client.

Is KDEPrint correctly configured for you? In kprinter you can push the "System
options" button then go in the "CUPS server" section and provide username and
password.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org