force grayscale

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Wed Oct 4 03:07:30 CEST 2006

On 3 October 2006 10:51, Toni Casueps wrote:
> The Linux driver for my printer does not allow choosing between color or
> grayscale, so I can only choose if the program options allow it. I want to
> make a filter in kdeprint so that every program that prints through it can
> print in grayscale, I found the ghostscript command that reads a color PS
> file and outputs a grayscale PS file but I don't know how to insert it into
> my kdeprint options. Can you help me?

Click on the "Properties" button when your printer is selected in kprinter.

In the dialog that pops up, go to the "Filters" tab (the last -- might be
hidden by too many tabs in the dialog going out of page).

In this tab, click on the "Add filter" button (the one with a funnel on it).
The rest should be mildly complicated, but rather self explaining. It allows
you to hook the conversion command in the filter.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org