printer problem

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Thu Jan 12 13:58:28 CET 2006

On 11 January 2006 23:10, tim simmonds wrote:
> Hello my name is tim simmonds i am having trouble with my printer and am
> wondering if i am using the right driver for it . It is a Canon S200SP
> the driver that is recomended for it doesn't work it is BJ200 foomatic
> im not sure if that is the corect spelling of it. you can ring me on
> 0740955746 and talk me through it if posible as i have broad band cheers
> Tim _______________________________________________

It might be that this printer doesn't support linux yet:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-S200

Please be advised that the kdeprint mailing list is concerned with printing
(especially graphical interfacing to it) for KDE. Printer drivers and
physical printer support is out of the scope of our work. You will want to
peruse resources as linuxprinting.org or the support mailing list of your
Linux distribution in order to find help for making your printer with linux.
Once your printer is supported, KDE's software will automatically function
with it no problem.

Thanks for your understanding.

--
Cristian Tibirna