kdeprintd cannot start child process

Nolan Rumble nmr at sun.ac.za
Tue Feb 14 10:40:45 CET 2006

<snip>

kdeprintd is a kded module and should be started automatically by kded
server when requested. Check if you can use the "dcop" command line tool
to contact kdeprintd: "dcop kded kdeprintd"

<snip>

After trying what you suggested I get the error:
ERROR: Couldn't attach to DCOP server!

I tried running via ssh it in the root account as well as the user
account which is having the problems.  Would it make a difference if the
user's home directory is situated on a NFS share?  The user has full
rights to the directory of course...

Running the command: "ps -Af |grep dcop" I get the following output:
lee       4192     1  0 11:16 ?        00:00:00 dcopserver [kdeinit]
--nosid

Thanks
Nolan