Printing colour Problem

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Mon Apr 24 05:37:55 CEST 2006

On 23 April 2006 22:19, Neo candra wrote:
> Hello sir,
>       Iam using kde on my linux knoppix. But the printout coulour  not so
> good. its too much of yellow colour, i compare it with my windows os
> printing and other linux, they have better output than my knoppix. My
> printer is Hp Deskjet 3535, and i using Cupsys V 1.1.23 , kernel 2.4. can
> you give me suggestion to adjust my printer please. I wait for your replay

Hello

I'm not sure I can spot your problem precisely, but it seems to be something
related to drivers (and perhaps internal color calibration) in your knoppix
installation. I'm pretty sure KDEPrint can't influence nor in good neither in
bad this particular behavior. KDEPrint will use exactly what settings and
drivers the underlying system  is providing (CUPS in this case, with whatever
driver your printer requires, perhaps an HP provided driver, or other).

I advise you to contact knoppix developers and see if they can indicate a
cure.

Thanks.

--
Cristian Tibirna