kdeprintfax documentation

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Thu Apr 20 21:36:30 CEST 2006

On Thursday 20 April 2006 18:02, Ray Lischner wrote:

> I see that little documentation exists for kdeprintfax. The only way I
> could figure out how to modify a fax command line was to read the
> source code. I can share what I learned, so non-programmers can
> benefit, so I'm willing to write some documentation (e.g., for the
> command line tags).

That's really great! Thank you for that offer.

> I'm not sure about formats, templates, etc., and
> where I should send the documentation when done. Any pointers?

KDE documentation is written in DocBook, and checked into the
KDE source code repository as such. From DocBook it is then auto-
converted by different tools into HTML, PDF, whatever.. and also
picked up by the translation teams.

Now, DocBook is not easy to use or learn.

-->  Therefore, it is OK to submit in any non-proprietary, easy to
-->  edit format (ASCII is preferred), and a volunteer will take
-->  over the job to do the markup.

If you want to have a look at the KDE documentation guidelines
(including docbook + tools), see here:

  http://l10n.kde.org/docs/
  http://l10n.kde.org/docs/doc-primer/
  http://l10n.kde.org/docs/current.php