Margins in the printer properties

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Wed Sep 28 16:19:40 CEST 2005

Goffioul Michael wrote:
> The text margins are used in CUPS when plain text is sent for printing.
> In that case, CUPS converts it to PS, using the margins specified. The
> margin values are just sent as-is without processing in KDE, and the
> corresponding tab only appear in kprinter, not in the print dialog from
> a KDE application. Those margins are in no way linked to the PPD.

Note that these "text margins" also affect direct image printing (if you
send JPG, PNG, TIFF directly to CUPS, with kprinter, lp, lpr, xpp, ...
Therefore I have modified the options dialog of XPP a little bit to
express that the margins are not only for text. They do not have any
influence on PDF or PostScript printing. But the "fitplot" option (which
is probably still on the HPGL tab) influences also PDF (I have also
changed XPP therefore).

Cristian, can you do the necessary UI changes in kprinter? Thanks.

    Till