Integration non kde applications with kdeprint]

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Thu Nov 17 01:10:21 CET 2005

On 16 November 2005 17:42, Roman Glebov wrote:

> What i want to do is :
> 1) Program generates postscript file and passes it to kde print, kde
> print reformats it , for example places it correctly on page.
> 2) Program sends Bitmap, kprinter should again place it correctly on page.
>
> i found out quite quickly how to handle picture with kprinter .
> But what to do with postscript ? It can not be painted with qprinter ,
> right ?

> Should it be converted to bitmap first ?

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure you don't want to do that. You'll lose resolution in the
process, probably.

Right now, if I understand correctly, kdeprint takes PS files as they are and
just sends them to CUPS (and hence the printer), unless you configure filters
like "poster", "psnup" and such. So, I think you might want to investigate
what can you do with such filters. You can configure as many filters as you
want (just look at how one of the existing filters is configured).

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org