Print jobs automatically cancel before they can run

Gail LaForest gail.laforest at gmail.com
Tue May 10 20:48:14 CEST 2005

Greetings All,

I have an interesting problem that has me stumped.  I did a recent install of
Debian Linux kernel 2.6.8-2-386 (testing) with KDE 3.3.2.  Everything is
running as it should with only one problem . . . . I cannot get my Epson
Stylus Photo 1280 to print anything.

Using apt-get I installed cupsys, cupsys-client, and cupsys-driver-gimpprint.
I've done this same installation a half dozen times with no problems at all
until now.

When I try to print anything from any program within KDE the print job cancels
itself immediately (as I view it from within Konqueror using
print:/printers/Stylus_Photo_1280?completed_jobs).  The state reads Canceled
as soon as the print button command is given.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.  I can find nothing online that
points to this kind of problem, and I am more than happy to supply whatever
file information is needed to help.

Thanks,
Gail

PS  I did not subscribe to this list, please cc this email address in replies.