cupsdoprint: Command not found

Sören Edzen soren at edzen.org
Sat Mar 19 20:30:29 CET 2005

* Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle at gmx.net> [2005-03-18 21:36]:
> On Wednesday 16 March 2005 21:56, Sören Edzen wrote:
>
> > The only thing that poited at some kind of error in the
> > /var/log/cups/error_log whas this:
> > [snip]
> > StartListening: Unable to bind socket for address 00000000:631 -
> > Permission denied
> > [/snip]
>
> This means, that the CUPS daemon is not running.
>
> 2 possible reasons:
>
>  1) another program has bound to port 631 (unlikely).
>     (try to find out which by using the netstat command).
>
>  2) misconfiguration of your cupsd.conf file (most frequent reason).
>
> The misconfiguration could be that you use both, the "Listen *:631"
> and the "Port 631" directive. Please only use one of the two.

That's the result when I try to execute the config from
KDE-printmanager. The cupsd dies. Below you'll find my cupsd.conf.
As far as I know there's nothing wrong with it because printing
works fine from applications that access cups directly.

My cupsd.conf:

ServerName 192.168.0.99
ServerAdmin root
Classification none
DefaultCharset UTF-8
DefaultLanguage en
Printcap /etc/printcap
PrintcapFormat BSD
RemoteRoot remroot
SystemGroup sys
ServerCertificate /etc/cups/ssl/server.crt
ServerKey /etc/cups/ssl/server.key
<Location />
  Encryption IfRequested
  Satisfy All