kjobviewer -> display jobs?

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Thu Jun 23 09:19:58 CEST 2005

> I'm really digging kjobsviewer right now, but it seems to me a perfect
> (and easy?) extension
> of its functions would be (maybe via the context menu), displaying the
> print job on the screen,
> via ghostview or some suitable viewer.  This would be very handy when
> going to restart a job when
> there are several jobs of the same name (e.g., _stdin_)

As long as there's no API for it (at CUPS or IPP level), this can be
difficult to implement. Maybe such an API exists, but I'm not aware
of it.
Otherwise the main problem is that the spool directory of the CUPS server
is usually not user-readable, so you can't access files directly, and
more problematic is that fact that this spool directory might be located
on a remote server.