KDEPrint needs maintainer / developer(s) [I'm retiring somehow]

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Wed Jun 8 13:59:53 CEST 2005

Oi,

I would suggest the following:

On the following events I am present and on some also Kurt Pfeifle is
present:

- LinuxTag 2005, June 22-25 in Karlsruhe in Germany

- Printing Summit on LSM/RMLL 2005, July 5-9 in Dijon in France

- LinuxWorld Expo 2005, August 9-11 in San Francisco in the US

We can make use of these events to try to find a new maintainer for KDE
Print.

On the LinuxTag we can give a talk in the Forum in the Stadthalle
(http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2005/forum.php3) or in
one of the workshop rooms
(http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2005/workshops.php3). The
talk could be given by Michael Goffioul, Kurt Pfeifle, or me. Michael,
if you do not want to go to the event for this (at least for the day of
the talk), I prefer that Kurt gives it, as he knows more about KDE Print
than me (he made the documentation). I would suggest to take workshop
room R 2.08 on Saturday, 12:00 for this talk. Joey, can you reserve it?

I could also give a talk on the Printing Summit on the LSM/RMLL 2005 in
Dijon. Michael, Kurt, if someone of you could come to Dijon, at least on
the day of the Printing Summit's talk session (Wednesday, July 6), I
prefer that one of you gives the talk. Note that the LSM/RMLL 2005 is a
developer's conference.

On the LinuxTag and on the LinuxWorld Expo I will present printing on a
booth and there I could try to find someone, but I think the talks are a
better platform.

I got recently some money from Ricoh for linuxprinting.org and for
travelling to events, so I can help if funding for travel is needed.
Also LSM/RMLL could perhaps sponsor travelling.

WDYT?

    Till