Compiling Problems

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Thu Jul 28 09:12:58 CEST 2005

> > I compiled Cups 1.1.23.  Didn't use RPMS.
>
> Check in what directory you installed it and make sure that
> the configure
> scripts of kde detect this directory ok. As Michael said,
> something went
> wrong in the compilation of things and perhaps that something
> isn't even on
> the kde side, but perhaps in the compilation or installation
> of cups itself.

In kdelibs/kdeprint/cups/cupsdconf2/Makefile.am, $(LIB_CUPS) is
part of the additional libraries needed to compile cupsdconf.la
(using the cupsdconf_la_LIBADD variable). But from what I could
see in the original mail, CUPS was not part of the link command.

1) if CUPS detection failed at configuration time, the whole
kdelibs/kdeprint/cups/ wouldn't have been compiled (if everything
went OK)
2) if CUPS detection went OK, LIB_CUPS should be defined correctly.

So there's clearly something wrong, but it's difficult to say what
without seeing configuration/compilation files.