[Gustavo Pichorim Boiko <boiko@mandriva.com>] Fwd: Re: 2006Desktop - Second part

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Jul 18 15:40:54 CEST 2005

> > That's an application issue. You can't control an application from
> > kdeprint and the print content is the responsability of the
> application
> > only. From the kdeprint point of view, there's nothing else it could
> > do.
>
> I thought it was like that. But something like a standar
> action for that in
> which applications generate the contents just like the print
> action, but
> instead of being printed, they are shown in the screen (like
> the preview
> button in the kprinter dialog).
> I didn't say it was a kdeprint problem. I said it was an
> usabillity issue that
> could be done in a better way.

KDEPrint provides some tools to build print preview in a standard way.
Have a look at http://printing.kde.org/developer/tutorial/ and
http://printing.kde.org/developer/tutorial/preview.php. This mechanism
is already partially used in koffice apps. The next steps is to convince
application developers to make use of such features...