pdfdistiller

Mohit Kumar mohit.kumar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 11:31:42 CEST 2005

Hi All,
 I have been trying to understand the working of the pdfdistiller script as
I have been wanting to do something like this for a long time.
Though most of the part is clear to me, the only part that is still is a
mystery is how is the "direct pdf" registered as a cups backend. What I mean
to say is that if I change the PDFBIN to any other binary it stops showing.
So I was wondering how this is enabled?
Any help in this regard would be highly useful.
 Thanks,
Mohit