kprinter doesn't work together with CUPS

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Jan 31 17:05:34 CET 2005

> On Monday 31 January 2005 14:59, Markus Kitzler wrote:
> > > I'm really sorry, I'm currently out of ideas. There's something I
> > > don't get here. I guess this is a plain SuSE
> installation, you didn't
> > > upgrade anything, you have a locally running CUPS server
> and so on?
> >
> > Correct. Plain Suse. Local CUPS server. No upgrades.
>
> Can you print from the web interface the test page?
> Can you print from the command line?
> Can you print if you use another GUI? (Like "xpp")
>
> Do you get output from "lpoptions -p printername -l" ?

My impression is that it's not related to CUPS as such, but, for some
reasons beyond my understanding, that KDEPrint doesn't use the CUPS
plugin while it tells you it uses it. Here, the KDEPrint debug output
would *really* help, because it tells you what is happening behind the
scene (for example how cupsdoprint is called).

Just for the record. Does the problem still exist for a brand new
created user? (I have little hope, but you never know...)