kprinter doesn't work together with CUPS

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Jan 31 15:35:59 CET 2005

> > OK. And in the print manager, do you see other sections
> than "General"
> > in the "Properties" tab of the bottom panel? (you must
> select a printer
> > in the top view to actually get all the sections)
> > Can you change anything there?
>
> Yes, I do get -- as already mentioned -- all of the tabs,
> like driver, quotas,
> interface, banners, etc....
> But only if I switch to administrator mode. And yes, I can
> change the driver.

OK, but this doesn't make sense. You *should* see all the sections as
a normal user as well. That is the weird thing about your system,
and something I don't understand. If the CUPS plugin was loaded,
you should see all these sections when selecting a printer, even as
a normal user. This doesn't seem to be the case, and this is where
I'm stuck.
Just to be sure, you still doesn't see those sections when you start
in a terminal "kcmshell printmgr", do you?