kprinter doesn't work together with CUPS

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Mon Jan 31 13:59:08 CET 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 12:20, Goffioul Michael wrote:
> > > Well, if you are using the CUPS plugin and you selected a real CUPS
> > > printer, then the tab "Advanced Options" should be enabled. This
> > > tab is in the main print dialog, but you must expand it using the
> > > bottom-left button. If the tab is not enabled, then there's already
> > > a problem here...
> >
> > Well, then there is already a problem here I guess. I did
> > send a screenshot
> > (as wished by Kurt) with my last posting but it was bounced
> > back (to big).
>
> I know, I bounced it! Don't take it personnally, it's just to avoid
> annoying people with small-bandwitdh connection. I forwarded it to
> Kurt, so you reached all KDEPrint's developers.
>
> > Could it be that my printer is somehow malconfigured?
>
> From the screenshot,

I've never seen something like this in kprinter..

> it looks like your printer doesn't have a driver

My version of kprinter says "raw" if there is no driver for
a queue. And it still has the "Advanced Settings" tab enabled.

> (otherwise, you'd see the driver description in the "Comment" line.
> Is it true? (then you also shouldn't have a "Driver Settings" tab in
> the printer properties dialog).

Markus said initially about his system:

  Version: KDE 3.2.1
  Installed from: SuSE RPMs
  OS: Linux

Which SUSE version is that? And is it indeed SUSE? Or did he install
SUSE-RPMs onto another system?

Cheers,
Kurt